Saturday, November 15, 2008
If you're looking for information on civic election results as they roll in, here are a few sites to check (I am watching and will post New West information as I see it as well):
- City of New West official results on the website.
- Lots of chatter on Twitter. Do some keyword searches ("civic" seems to work well, and you can also try "new westminster"), or follow me @10thtothefraser (I will retweet any New West-related info as I see it).
- The New Westminster Record is posting updates online . As of 8:20pm, Wayne Wright had the lead , but only two polls were reporting.
- CBC is promising live updates online (nothing there as of 8:55pm for New West). CBC is also asking people to tag their Tweets about the election with #civicvote2008.
- The Vancouver Sun has is liveblogging election results from around the Lower Mainland. No way to filter the info by municipality, and no way to get automatically pinged when there's something new. Refresh, refresh, refresh. They have also set up a live video feed ... but seem to be having some technical difficulties. No audio, last I checked.
- The Georgia Straight is also posting results via blog , but they have less volume of coverage than the Sun. Straight results are also appearing in the Straight Twitter feed .